Friday, January 8, 2010

In California...

So I find myself in a strange, unfamiliar position since deciding to do this blog project; foreign feelings are popping up and bubbling to the surface and I'm thinking about and seeing things in whole new ways...

I guess I'm just really excited to have something fun and productive to work on that isn't limited by my lack of athleticism or by how out of shape and stiff I am.
And so I got up this morning, all jazzed to get the camera ready and go take some pictures, do some writing, be creative, and then I woke to find the weather has decided not to cooperate.

Cloudy, overcast, wet, possibly pissing heavy, sticky, freezing, soaking snow! YAY! What a shitshow this promises to be...

The great thing about creative, independent ventures, like this blog, is that there are little in the way of outside forces that can actually stop the creative process. Once the juices are flowing, the parts are lubed and put in motion, universal forces are aligned, even images of fat women naked can't kill the urge.

So I'm heading out into the not-so-California weather, camera in hand, wit fully loaded, cynicism at max capacity, fully prepared to do battle with this chip on my shoulder...

No comments:

Post a Comment