Thursday, January 28, 2010

SIA Day 2

Woke up at 4:13 am, made a quick breakfast, and got in the car.
Drove about 8 minutes the back way to I-80 before realizing I had forgotten to get gas last night, and the car was on empty.
So we had to drive 10 minutes out of the way for gas, which I couldn't afford.
So we get gas and charge down to the airport, where we need to be by 5:25 in order to check my baggage on time for my flight.
I walk through the doors to the US Airways tickting counter at 5:23, walk through the line and stand there waiting.
They call me over and tell me that it's too late to check my bag, and I have to wait for the 9:30 flight.
Stoked.

So I'm at the airport watching all these flights on other airlines leave for Denver, while I wait for a later flight to Phoenix and then to Denver.
On the good side, I'm only arriving 30 to 45 minutes later than my 6:10 flight would have gotten me there. So there's that.

And of course I have to add insult to injury by reading blogs about SIA Day 1 while I wait. I don't know why I'm so excited to get there. Maybe it's the fact that I haven't been in years, feel totally disconnected from the industry, am going to reconnect with the company whose US operations I used to run, am super excited to start contributing again, yadda yadda yadda...

Anyway, I just saw a cool floor drain cover in the Men's Room I want to take a picture of...

No comments:

Post a Comment